INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT OF VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS
MADE BY DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL
UNDER SCHOOL GOVERNANCE (CONSTITUTION) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2012
2.The school is a voluntary controlled school.
3. The name of the governing body is “The governing body of Lulworth and Winfrith Church of England Primary School”
The governing body shall consist of:
2 parent governors
1 staff governor
1 head teacher
1 local authority governor
5 co-opted governors
2 foundation governors
Total number of governors: 12
4. Foundation governors are appointed by the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education in consultation with the Parochial Church Council of the parishes or ecclesiastical district in the area served by the school.
5. (a) The holder of the following office shall be a foundation governor ex officio
the Principal Officiating Minister of the parish or ecclesiastical district in which the school is situated.
(b) The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated will appoint a foundation governor to act in the place of the ex-officio foundation governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that the ex-officio foundation governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 23(2) of the Regulations.
6. The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated is entitled to request the removal of any ex-officio foundation governor and to appoint any substitute governor.
7. The school has a trust.
8. Our aim is to provide the highest standards of teaching and learning for all of our children to enable them to gain the maximum from their education, within a caring and positive environment, driven by a strong Christian ethos.
This instrument was made by order of Dorset Local Education Authority.